- Ople (Menlo Park, CA)
- UX Architect
Problem: Ople is a Silicon Valley startup in the deep learning, AI space. I was engaged very early to help create a brand and digital presence for the company to promote its product, a tool to help data scientists optimize their model through an automated rather than a manual process to enable them to increase the amount of projects they could accomplish at once.
Logo exploration process
- Create proto-personas of data scientists, product managers, and investors
- Create customer journeys to follow the evaluation process of the tool by data scientists and product managers.
- Conducted competitive analysis of competitor website elements and comparative analysis of leading SaaS applications and arrived at a backlog of needs for the website.
- Sketched/photoshopped brand elements: logos, business card concepts, Linked in banners.
- Created brand colors and fonts exploration document.
- Created a pitch deck design for the company to help promote itself with investors.
- Sketched screen flow options and product flow ideas.
- Prototyped flow of how website content would look.
- Created product task flow based on a demo from CEO around how related (but different) tool worked and what needed to change.
- Using Photoshop, created comps of the product based on task analysis.
- Created content inventory that was collaboratively used by product team, CEO, and myself to create site content.
- Designed UI of the website and created the website in HTML, CSS, jQuery, and PHP.
Business card template
Solution & Outcomes: Website has been launched in phases (introducing new pages over time) as a marketing and investment portal for the company. Product design has not been taken on yet–they are focused on proving out the product technology first.
UX Methods Used: Competitive Analysis, Comparative Analysis, Personas, Sketching, Brand Design, Prototyping, Content Inventory, UI Design and Development